On 28 June 2021, the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) will hold a joint webinar with the Middle East Directions Programme on A Gradual Approach Towards a New Security System in the Persian Gulf.
Andrey Kortunov, Director General, Russian International Affairs Council and Luigi Narbone, Director of the Middle East Direction Programme, will deliver opening remarks.
- Abdolrasool Divsallar, Co-Lead of the Regional Security Initiative (RSI), Middle East Direction Programme, European University Institute (EUI)
- Nikolay Surkov, Senior Research Fellow, the Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO RAN); Associate Professor, Oriental Studies Department, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), RIAC Expert
- Adlan Margoev, Analyst, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Institute of International Studies, MGIMO University
Moderator: Ruslan Mamedov, MENA Program Manager, Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC)
- Causes for previous failures to build a regional security
- Ways to facilitate talks in post-JCPOA era
- Changes and role of Russian policy in the Persian Gulf
- Biden administration policies and its influence on Saudi-Iranian talks. Impacts of Iran’s presidential elections on regional talks
Working language: English.
28 June 2021, 15:00 GMT+3 = 14.00 CEST
The event will be streamed online via RIAC website, YouTube channel, and RIAC page on Facebook. Please, leave your questions and comments on these platforms, moderator will ask them to the speakers during the meeting.
Follow the LIVE STREAM on YouTube: